Blog platforms have come and gone, but not WordPress. Since its introduction in 2003, it has evolved from a simple and ubiquitous blog website into a favorite and outstanding open source web development platform. This is the most widely used content management system, and, according to Yoast, it has 20-25% of all new websites.
This platform is currently used by many well-known and popular resources throughout the world:
WordPress advantages for your website
- The platform is very cost effective. Thanks to WordPress, those days when creating a website could cost you a fortune have gone. WordPress design and development are extremely cost-efficient. In addition, maintenance costs are relatively cheap, as you can do it yourself, instead of hiring a designer every time you need to update the content of your website.
- Themes allow you to quickly change the design of your website. Thousands of themes are available for WordPress.
- Plug-ins allow you to extend the features of your WordPress website without much knowledge in programming. More than 10,000 plug-ins are available, allowing you to add all sorts of functions to your websites, such as social network sharing, SEO, photo slideshows and a lot more.
- The website is easy to update. Adding new features and capabilities can be extremely burdensome for traditional websites, especially those created using complex platforms. This is completely different with WordPress websites. If you can create a Word document, you can post a new article on WordPress . Once set up, you can update it any time, which is important for interacting with your visitors and for search engines.
- Ready for search engine optimization. WordPress is optimized for SEO. Sites created using WP have simple and persistent codes, making them ideal for Google indexing. SEO components for each page can also be customized, giving you complete control over which pages you want to have high rankings in the search engines (that is, you can focus your SEO campaign on the pages with high conversion).
- Convenient syndication. This is a very effective way to get inbound links to your website. Each time you post a new blog entry, it can automatically switch to an RSS feed, making it easy to merge your content between directories and other websites.
- Google loves WordPress websites. Because they are updated more often and content tends to be well structured, you can get WordPress rating very quickly compared to a static site. Google has even officially announced that it recommends WordPress for business sites.
- WordPress is supported by a thriving, interested community. A recent study estimates that approximately 8% of websites on the Internet are managed by WordPress. There are thousands of designers, developers, and enthusiasts who can help with various issues.WordPress community is very active, and almost every best action on the platform is cited on the forums. Therefore, if you need to add a new feature to your site, there is a chance that other WP users have described in detail what to do.
- Responsive web design. When you use WordPress website design, you automatically get the benefits of responsive web technology without having to develop separate websites for different devices.
- Maximum integration with social networks. You don’t need to log into your accounts one by one and inform the social networking community that you have fresh content for them.
WordPress becomes popular day after day. Thanks to the thousands of available themes and plug-ins, you can quickly customize the website appearance and expand its features, while maximizing the conversion.